Skip to main content

Breakfast

You got served!
I love breakfasts.  It's not that I don't like lunch and dinner it's just that a lot of people don't wake up that early to eat breakfast.  I do.  I look forward to it every single day!  As a family we love to eat but I really do love breakfast (yeah, I know you know by now, but still).  I'm a morning person even at night.  I love to watch the sunrise while having devotion while having a cup of coffee.  We, breakfast lovers are oftentimes get into a fit if you try to disrupt our morning ritual.  If I were going to miss breakfast it's better you tell me the night before than surprise me that we're not having breakfast!  Or if you plan on ruining my breakfast tell me in advance so I can have set my mind that I'm not having breakfast the day after.

I think it runs in the blood.  As a family we love to eat and eat we must!  Not only that I think each member of our family has his or her own ability to conjure up his or her own meal specialty.  Mum and Dad are great cooks, mum has her Cake Garden and Cake Garden Place (if you're in Bohol y'all should try it here).  Dad sometimes will have his own version of Hokkien Mee, Chili Crab and the occasional bread and cakes.



Booh!
I love burgers and burgers I love!  There's nothing more rewarding than consuming a 6-feet tall hamburger.  Anyway, I can handle the heat in the kitchen very well.  Mum said I have the ability of creating food out of almost nothing when our resources are on the low.  My creativity for cooking is further heightened when accompanied by hunger.  Some little  flour, eggs and milk, the sky is the limit.

Rawwr!
My sister Lace loves to make potato salads, which in  turn she just devours them herself.  She just loves her own meal that she'll just have it for herself.  Lace also has her own unique version of the mango float.  It literally floats!  Why?  It's called mango float, why shouldn't it float?  She also forgot to steam her leche flan (which is the most important part of the recipe) that we end up sipping it in cups.  Still very delicious though.

Aaaaaahh!
My brother Charles is the master of making hotdogs, boiled eggs and pancit canton.  Hotdogs?  Yeah, you think you'll just open a pack and drop them on the frying pan?  Wrong!  You need to boil them dogs first then when they are tender enough you add a very little oil just enough to fry them.  I tell you, Charles have that special ability to give you the right tenderness of a hotdog.  Same is  true for boiled eggs.  So you want it soft?  Ultra-soft?  Mega-soft?  Not-so soft?  Um-maybe-a-little-bit soft?  Stone hard?  You tell him and he will deliver your request.  Try mixing a soft-boiled egg with pancit canton and you'll go bananas.

Squash!
The last but not least my our youngest and dearest sister Scarlet who now is 6-feet taller and bigger than I am.  Imagine a lady bigger than you are hurling herself towards you and giving you a hug.  Awesome!  Anyway, last year she really have this big #FAIL moment.  I told her to make noodles since I'm  too lazy to make lunch.  She said she already plunged them noodles in the hot water and I said to add one egg.  Maybe she's too literal or too specific that she dropped the egg without breaking it.  Sure, if you're trying to hard-boil it but this is chicken-mami-noodles-with-eggs-floating-around-them we're talking about.  I was like, what in the world did you do?  We laughed so hard that we could barely eat properly, with noodles sticking out of our noses.  Anyway, she's still on training in the kitchen but from time to time she makes them Japanese jelly something.  I don't know what it's called.  Ok, I forgot.

But I love breakfast, that's just it.  Those were just diversions, I'm just trying to tell you that I love breakfast.  No biggie.

Comments

  1. Nice!!! I shiver in anticipation of the concept that I am to be featured next.... Haha... 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never wake up in time for breakfast, I'm more of a night owl but I looooove all day breakfasts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoorrayy for all day breakfasts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Symbolism

Philippine Flag Symbolism Let's be honest now.  How many of you did not know behind the symbols of our national flag?  Just so you know, it is a fact that everybody lies.  Anyway, probably you are wondering why I am posting in such a nationalistic tone when independence day was almost three months behind?  Well, that makes us both.  A thought just struck me when I saw the commercial segment of Juan Time in discovery channel.

Tourism

Pilipinas Tara Na! Logo The Department of Tourism just launched the updated, expanded and probably more polished version of the 2004's tourism campaign, Biyahe Tayo (Let's Travel). Recorded by 57 of the country’s leading musical artists and entertainment personalities, the music video is just the first of three installments of songs and videos under this current campaign. While the video was mostly welcomed by most netizens, I know find myself (again) in an odd position. I expected more than a remake or a polish of an old campaign. After all the brouhaha of Pilipinas Kay Ganda and the hooplah of the current logo which looked like Batibot, I was still hoping they could somehow pulled it off. Something creative, new and innovative. Don't Get Me Wrong Before you stone me with Pan de Sal, I just want to make it clear that the video was good. Really! If you try to separate the video and the song from the campaign and it's horrible Batibot logo, it would reall

looloo

Discover places you'll love! Rating: ★★★★☆ looloo is a must-have app for anyone who wants to explore Metro Manila and visit all of its best places! It's the best app for foodies, spa junkies, nightlife lovers - anyone who loves going out!  When this was announced some time last year by the same guys that brought you TrafficDito (I think), my interest died down when I read the line "who wants to explore Metro Manila".  Why?  Because I am not based in Makati anymore and I thought I could not use it.  I told myself though maybe I should try it but never really came to the point of tapping the FREE button to install the app.