Skip to main content

Airlines

Zestair Mock-up
Planning a trip is not a walk in a park especially when you have to scout every airline company for special promotions.  That means you have to visit each website one by one and compare travel fares.  Then, the moment you decided on a flight - it changes status.  No kidding, I've been there a lot of times.  Often times these websites are difficulty to manage.  I've already said it a lot of times, I'm no designer but I've read web design books and experienced websites themselves and most of the Philippines airlines websites are not as friendly as they should be.  If my aunt can finally book her flight all by herself, then that'll be the day that someone finally thought of giving customers a good experience.  Bad experience is as the same as bad passenger experience like, this guy.  A lot of people have credit cards but I still wonder why they flock to the nearest travel agency to book a ticket - they don't know how to use the website. Ah, if people would just stick to the idea of giving a service that's awesome!  Anyway, I've dug through four airline company websites and their respective social networks.

Philippine Airlines
Asia's First, Shining Through



Zest Airways Inc. 
Asia's Most Refreshing Airline



Cebu Pacific Air
It's Time Everyone Flies



Airphil Express 
Philippines Leading Promo Airline to Manila



EXPRESSions on Air Sample Blog
So far among the four airline company I travel the most with Airphil Express and Zest Airways. All four companies have a substantial presence in social media; Facebook and Twitter. I would like to see expansions on Google+ someday. Only Airphil Express has a blog setup on Blogger called EXPRESSions on Air. I think this is really great move for Airphil because users and customers want transparency. We want updates and information about the latest promotions. The blog needs to be updated though and they need to improve on the design (see sample blog). Cebu Pacific has a Youtube Channel which you will find here.  I think it's great these companies have extended their service through social media.  They often also have small competitions to keep customers around.  There are several things though I would like to see them improve and expand.

Mobile

If you pay attention to technology nowadays, we're going on mobile.  Most websites nowadays have mobile version thus giving people to read content straight from their smartphone or tablet.  The growth of mobile sites and mobile payments have allowed people ease of access to products and information.  I hope one of these companies will set up to introduce mobile browsing and mobile payments.

Apps

Well, if you're going through mobile you might as well mobile apps on different platforms.  These apps will be very useful to people who fly frequently like businessmen, travel bloggers and tourists.  Book, check your flight details and check your status straight from your mobile.

Singapore Airlines iPhone App
Service

We all have bad experiences from flying.  From super-delayed flights, lost baggage and to changing your flight date to where there are no flights available.  I'm saying these circumstances happen and it's one truth when traveling.  But these could be limited if we up the ante of service, give people a good experience.  Another thing is airports.  A lot of improvements can be done on our domestic airports.

[UPDATE]

If you're using Google Chrome, Cebu Pacific Air and Philippine Airlines have Google Chrome extensions.  Click on the linked caption to install the extension or click the image to zoom in with lightbox.  This is a nifty  tool where you don't need to type to go to their main website to check for flights.

Cebu Pacific Flights
Philippine Airlines

So what are your experience with these companies?  Good and bad, share them in the comments and don't forget to take the poll.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Symbolism

Philippine Flag Symbolism Let's be honest now.  How many of you did not know behind the symbols of our national flag?  Just so you know, it is a fact that everybody lies.  Anyway, probably you are wondering why I am posting in such a nationalistic tone when independence day was almost three months behind?  Well, that makes us both.  A thought just struck me when I saw the commercial segment of Juan Time in discovery channel.

Parley

I'm pretty sure you've read James Soriano's infamous article " Language, Learning, Identity, Privilege " which garnered him mostly criticism from people who live in front of their keyboards netizens.  I know some of you are probably making or joining hate pages on Facebook, seriously, grow up. I have edited this post for the nth time because there are still thoughts and ideas that need to sink in.  Also, I made a decision not to post or react when I am angry or pissed.  Sure, I was pissed when I first read the article.  Who wouldn't be?  But I just officially turned 28 and I need to act, you know - civilized.  You've got filter the facts and try to address the issue on how personally you can change for the better as a person.  I only found two response articles via Twitter:  " Editing James Soriano " and " Coming Home to the Filipino Language ".  If you have any article or known any worth-reading article you can message me here or

Paradise

T he province of Bohol is one of the most visited places in our country. Foreign and local tourists alike flock to this " God's Little Paradise " to see it's nature, beauty, beaches and culture. I have a dedicated Bohol blog at Bohol Interactive to showcase the province through the community. Last January I featured Massimo Casal , a photographer now based on Indonesia but has his fair share of Bohol, his travel article and book project . Just last week, I got another heads up that he is currently on a new project, a " Photo Book on Bohol ". I get to see the amazing sights of Bohol both popular and the unexplored in his 39-page preview. Dive Bohol Massimo studied as an engineer. His work has given him the opportunity to travel around the world and particularly around Southeast Asia. Through his travels he has cultivated his love for photography. He also has great sets from Hanoi , Vietnam , Myanmar , Cambodia , Thailand , Taiwan , Europe and