Skip to main content

Blessed

I Have Been Blessed
In 4 hours after hitting "Publish" on this post, I'm officially 28.  Looking back I really thought it would take so long to reach the end of the calendar.  Kidding aside, there's a lot of people that I would to say thanks.  But I would like to give thanks and praises to our Great God for the gift of life.  To the Lord Jesus Christ for the gift of salvation.  Not by my own works but on His works, simplicity and sufficiency.  Indeed, looking back I know I have been blessed and there is no way I could count the blessing the Lord has bestowed upon me in this lifetime.  I would like to share you this song entitled "I Have Been Blessed".  I do not know who is the original author of this song but I first heard this song on a the Old Fashioned Baptist Camp Meeting in Lipa City, Batangas.  Now, it is my  turn to share this song with you.  To my family, I thank you and I love you.  My Christian family in Makati, thank you all for the greetings and may we continue to give Christ the preeminence in our lives.  To my dearest Lovelaine, thank you and I love you.  All I want is my Crocs for my birthday.  Haha!  To other friends, fans, stalkers, backbiters, automatic forum birthday notifications, app birthday notifications and the like -  I thank you.  Bow!  I would like you to focus on the lyrics of the song and not on my voice.  Since Mina is around keep your speakers on the down low when playing the song.

Before we jump to the song, there's one line I did not include on this recording because it is not applicable for it is referring to America.  But I want you to know that I am (we are) still blessed to be in a country that we have freedom and liberty.  These were paid by the blood our heroes so be responsible when exercising your freedom.

The song after the jump in acapella.



When He moves among us all that He does
All of His mercy and all of His love
And the pen of the writer could write everyday
Even this world could never contain
How I've been blessed

The warmth in winter the flowers in spring
The laughter in summer and the changing of leaves
The food on my table a good place to sleep
Clothes on my back and shoes on my feet
I have been blessed

I have been blessed God's so good to me
Precious are His thoughts of you and me
No way I could count them there's not enough time
So I'll just thank Him for being so kind
God has been good so good
I have been blessed

Arms that will raise a voice that can talk
Hands that can touch and legs that can walk
Ears that can listen eyes that can see
Oh I've got to praise Him as long as I breathe
I have been blessed

A father and mother who nurtured and raised
A brother and sister memories made
Our pastor to lead us the altar to pray
Stripes that can heal the blood that can save
I have been blessed

We live in a country the greatest on earth
Our flag stands for freedom and what it is worth
She stands in the harbor Miss Liberty calls
All have gave some but some have gave all
For me to be blessed

He's my shoulder to lean on when I am down
The rock where He leads me when I'm overwhelmed
The place where He hides me under His wings
He's not just a song He's the reason I sing
I have been blessed

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Symbolism

Philippine Flag Symbolism Let's be honest now.  How many of you did not know behind the symbols of our national flag?  Just so you know, it is a fact that everybody lies.  Anyway, probably you are wondering why I am posting in such a nationalistic tone when independence day was almost three months behind?  Well, that makes us both.  A thought just struck me when I saw the commercial segment of Juan Time in discovery channel.

Parley

I'm pretty sure you've read James Soriano's infamous article " Language, Learning, Identity, Privilege " which garnered him mostly criticism from people who live in front of their keyboards netizens.  I know some of you are probably making or joining hate pages on Facebook, seriously, grow up. I have edited this post for the nth time because there are still thoughts and ideas that need to sink in.  Also, I made a decision not to post or react when I am angry or pissed.  Sure, I was pissed when I first read the article.  Who wouldn't be?  But I just officially turned 28 and I need to act, you know - civilized.  You've got filter the facts and try to address the issue on how personally you can change for the better as a person.  I only found two response articles via Twitter:  " Editing James Soriano " and " Coming Home to the Filipino Language ".  If you have any article or known any worth-reading article you can message me here or

Paradise

T he province of Bohol is one of the most visited places in our country. Foreign and local tourists alike flock to this " God's Little Paradise " to see it's nature, beauty, beaches and culture. I have a dedicated Bohol blog at Bohol Interactive to showcase the province through the community. Last January I featured Massimo Casal , a photographer now based on Indonesia but has his fair share of Bohol, his travel article and book project . Just last week, I got another heads up that he is currently on a new project, a " Photo Book on Bohol ". I get to see the amazing sights of Bohol both popular and the unexplored in his 39-page preview. Dive Bohol Massimo studied as an engineer. His work has given him the opportunity to travel around the world and particularly around Southeast Asia. Through his travels he has cultivated his love for photography. He also has great sets from Hanoi , Vietnam , Myanmar , Cambodia , Thailand , Taiwan , Europe and