Skip to main content

Family

We're a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another’s desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.

Surfing with the Cowboy

I've been reading a lot of Erma Bombeck books lately and here are some nuggets I found here. I love the way she brings out the humor especially when it comes to the family. Enjoy.

The Family

“When your mother asks, "Do you want a piece of advice?" it is a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway.”

“Marriage has no guarantees. If that's what you're looking for, go live with a car battery.”

“One thing they never tell you about child raising is that for the rest of your life, at the drop of a hat, you are expected to know your child's name and how old he or she is.”

“Never have more children than you have car windows.”

“Have you any idea how many kids it takes to turn off one light in the kitchen? Three. It takes one to say, "What light?" and two more to say, "I didn't turn it on."”

“In general my children refuse to eat anything that hasn't danced on television.”

“What's with you men? Would hair stop growing on your chest if you asked directions somewhere?”

“Like religion, politics, and family planning, cereal is not a topic to be brought up in public. It's too controversial.”

“I'm trying very hard to understand this generation. They have adjusted the timetable for childbearing so that menopause and teaching a sixteen-year-old how to drive a car will occur in the same week.”

Comments

  1. it's been a while... i miss you guys! :) hmm... ako na-ilhan ka si earl and lace nalang. the two young ones, i want to meet someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yey! someday maka visit mi sa iligan.  Ako rapong na-ilhan kay ikaw, si en-en and delfa.  The twins, I don't know who's who. hehe! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. ay..si Delza diay! haha! I remember sauna, Friday Bible studies sa inyoha and mag linya mo sisters. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4.  earl, si en-en and "delza"... the rest of my sisters are lizadel, delbeth, "delfa", and lizlie... hahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Symbolism

Philippine Flag Symbolism Let's be honest now.  How many of you did not know behind the symbols of our national flag?  Just so you know, it is a fact that everybody lies.  Anyway, probably you are wondering why I am posting in such a nationalistic tone when independence day was almost three months behind?  Well, that makes us both.  A thought just struck me when I saw the commercial segment of Juan Time in discovery channel.

Tourism

Pilipinas Tara Na! Logo The Department of Tourism just launched the updated, expanded and probably more polished version of the 2004's tourism campaign, Biyahe Tayo (Let's Travel). Recorded by 57 of the country’s leading musical artists and entertainment personalities, the music video is just the first of three installments of songs and videos under this current campaign. While the video was mostly welcomed by most netizens, I know find myself (again) in an odd position. I expected more than a remake or a polish of an old campaign. After all the brouhaha of Pilipinas Kay Ganda and the hooplah of the current logo which looked like Batibot, I was still hoping they could somehow pulled it off. Something creative, new and innovative. Don't Get Me Wrong Before you stone me with Pan de Sal, I just want to make it clear that the video was good. Really! If you try to separate the video and the song from the campaign and it's horrible Batibot logo, it would reall

looloo

Discover places you'll love! Rating: ★★★★☆ looloo is a must-have app for anyone who wants to explore Metro Manila and visit all of its best places! It's the best app for foodies, spa junkies, nightlife lovers - anyone who loves going out!  When this was announced some time last year by the same guys that brought you TrafficDito (I think), my interest died down when I read the line "who wants to explore Metro Manila".  Why?  Because I am not based in Makati anymore and I thought I could not use it.  I told myself though maybe I should try it but never really came to the point of tapping the FREE button to install the app.