Skip to main content

12.2011

This year came by so fast that I could still remember the family activities of last year.  I had a toothache, took loads of pain meds and sleep throughout the new year's eve celebration.  When I woke up that morning all I could see was the photos of the delicious food mum made that night.  Not this year, I'm not!  So as we approach the final days of 2011, are you ready for some resolutions? Don't be fooled by people who say resolutions are of no use, these people make up excuses to not evaluate the year that just passed by. Resolutions are a form of evaluation. Try to stick to them, if you can't try again. I'm still summing up mine, I'll give you one though and then some of the highlights I have this month.

Goodbye 2011!  Hello 2012!

Social Media

My one resolution for the year 2012 would be a lesser engagement on social media specifically Twitter and Facebook. I think these platforms have been abused enough by users without us noticing it just because we can post whatever we want to. As I was reviewing my posts on Facebook via the new Facebook Timeline and my Twitter stream, I was quite horrified on how I share every aspect of my life to people I mostly don't know. Food, clothing and the like. Seriously? Do we really need to voice out we just got a haircut? If we translate these statuses into real life situations, it would be seriously annoying. So I'm getting off the social bandwagon and will try to post things that are necessary and essential.

December 2011 Highlights

SSBC Homecoming and Bible Conference

My home church in Makati, Sola Scriptura Baptist Church hosted it's 5th homecoming and Bible conference. We invited over 200 guests from Pampanga, Pangasinan, Lipa and other locations I could not remember as of this writing. The event was a success and to God be the glory for all the things He hath done for SSBC this year!





Nokia Lumia 800

I get the chance to try the new Nokia Lumia 800 for two weeks! It is such an amazing phone and I'm due for a blog post review next week! I am going to miss this phone! Thanks to Nokia Connects!

Black Nokia Lumia 800

Lights at the Ayala Triangle Gardens

My girlfriend and I get to spend quality time at the Ayala Triangle Gardens with the Symphony of Lights! This is my second year to see this show every December of the year and this time with my beloved Lovelaine!



Bible Verses on Frames

Bible Verses on Frames

This is a project I just started the other day. Bible verses taken from the King James Bible, printed on photo paper using the best font in my archive and framed them in an elegant black outside border and white inside border frame. We plan to hang these frames on the living room wall. I do believe Christian families should hang Bible verse in their homes to remind them from time to time these timeless truths from the word of God.

What have you been up to this past month? As we draw the final curtain for 2011, recollect what have you done with this year and have the resolve to be better as we open up another new year! For me and my house, we will continue to serve the Lord and await for His coming! I'd still post a 2011 year review though but we're backed up with long order lists of pastries! Have a blessed 2012!

Comments

  1. Hello Lauren.  Yes, change is good and the new year is good time to start.  Happy new year and thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice Earl. It is my perception that making positive resolutions for the new year and setting positive goals for oneself as a practice can be very effective mechanisms for improvement and success. Too bad I procrastinate to a degree that I have failed to define goals nor resolutions for myself in far, far too long of  time. But I am ready to change all that, so I firstly resolve to make the changes this year and henceforth.  :)

    Best wishes to you & for a happy new year.
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff Earl! :) I like the one for social media. While it's hard to imagine how one can be so addicted to social media, when you're in it, it's also hard to stop doing it! Haha. It's true, every time we post something, we always have to think of the value we add to our network. :D Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Pea!  Oh yeah, it is very hard to draw away from social media when you're hooked into it but I'm set to limit this year! Hehe!  Happy new year too!  Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thumbs up for the Social Media part. I've been staying away from the net since late last year too, facebook and twitter, and blogging as well. And (I guess you know it already) it feels so good to be unplugged. And I love the verses on frames =) Happy new year, Earl! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by Tina!  Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Symbolism

Philippine Flag Symbolism Let's be honest now.  How many of you did not know behind the symbols of our national flag?  Just so you know, it is a fact that everybody lies.  Anyway, probably you are wondering why I am posting in such a nationalistic tone when independence day was almost three months behind?  Well, that makes us both.  A thought just struck me when I saw the commercial segment of Juan Time in discovery channel.

Paradise

T he province of Bohol is one of the most visited places in our country. Foreign and local tourists alike flock to this " God's Little Paradise " to see it's nature, beauty, beaches and culture. I have a dedicated Bohol blog at Bohol Interactive to showcase the province through the community. Last January I featured Massimo Casal , a photographer now based on Indonesia but has his fair share of Bohol, his travel article and book project . Just last week, I got another heads up that he is currently on a new project, a " Photo Book on Bohol ". I get to see the amazing sights of Bohol both popular and the unexplored in his 39-page preview. Dive Bohol Massimo studied as an engineer. His work has given him the opportunity to travel around the world and particularly around Southeast Asia. Through his travels he has cultivated his love for photography. He also has great sets from Hanoi , Vietnam , Myanmar , Cambodia , Thailand , Taiwan , Europe and

Parley

I'm pretty sure you've read James Soriano's infamous article " Language, Learning, Identity, Privilege " which garnered him mostly criticism from people who live in front of their keyboards netizens.  I know some of you are probably making or joining hate pages on Facebook, seriously, grow up. I have edited this post for the nth time because there are still thoughts and ideas that need to sink in.  Also, I made a decision not to post or react when I am angry or pissed.  Sure, I was pissed when I first read the article.  Who wouldn't be?  But I just officially turned 28 and I need to act, you know - civilized.  You've got filter the facts and try to address the issue on how personally you can change for the better as a person.  I only found two response articles via Twitter:  " Editing James Soriano " and " Coming Home to the Filipino Language ".  If you have any article or known any worth-reading article you can message me here or