Skip to main content

Kenshin

Rurouni Kenshing Film Official Poster

Here is one update that will blow away Rurouni Kenshin fans - a trailer of the live action movie set to be release on August 25, 2012. That is just 2 days away from my birthday, that it is.  Also, visit the official Rurouni Kenshin site here.  So what do you think of the trailer?  Promising, eh?  Sano's Zanbato though is rather small compared to its anime counterpart.

Image Source:  natalie





Rurouni Kenshin is the best anime ever, hands down.  Sorry Bleach and Naruto fan boys and girls but nothing beats the story line and the historic background of RK.  This is the only anime that I am obsessed with and I think so too with others within my generation.  I would want to collect all the OVAs and the Anime series and someday I will pass down to my kids!  Ha!

Rurouni Kenshin
 Listening to the opening of Sobakasu is nostalgic.  I feel like I'm not twenty-um-something.  I still watch a few anime and read some manga now and  then like Bleach and Katekyo Hitman Reborn but still RK has a very different feel to me.  The plot, the characters and the story are twisted and woven into history.  Though the characters strengths are exaggerated to a supernatural level but not supernatural enough like Dragon Ball - blowing up planets.  Somehow it's not as over exaggerated which is depicted in most anime.  Again, history, the whole background of RK is interwoven with the history of Japan.  So basically you can get history nuggets along the way as you watch and read RK.



New Anime Project  Announced

Source: moetron

According to the June issue of Jump Square magazine, a new 「Rurouni Kenshin」 anime project is underway. More details will be announced at a later date. (Jinchuu Arc, make it happen!)

Watsuki Nobuhiro’s Rurouni Kenshin manga series was first published in Weekly Shounen Jump magazine on September 2nd, 1994. It would run for 255 chapters (28 volumes.)
A TV anime series based mostly on the manga premiered on January 10th, 1996. It ran for 95 episodes total. Two OVAs and a film — which will receive a BD release later this year — would also soon follow.

Recently the original Kenshin TV voice cast reunited for the development of a PSP 2D fighting game, entitled 「Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan Saisen」, in celebration of the TV series’ 15th anniversary. It was released in Japan on March 10th, 2011.

I know RK fans are eagerly anticipating for the new project especially the new technology we have today on animation.  HD baby!  One of the my favorite characters is Saitō Hajime a former captain in the loyalist Shinsengumi. He lives by the Shinsengumi code "Swift Death to Evil" (悪即斬 Aku Soku Zan).

Gatotsu Ishiki

Well, all we can do for now is wait for the project to finish. I'll leave you with my favorite soundtrack, "Her Most Beautiful Smile" by Taro Iwashiro.



Update:  The first half of the new OVA Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyoto-Hen is set to debut in Japanese theaters on December 17, ahead of its home video release. Kazuhiro Furuhashi (the prior Kenshin anime, Chevalier D'Eon) directs the new adaptation of the samurai series' most popular storyline, based on a script from Mari Okada (Fractale, Horo Musuko, Hanasaku Iroha).



Mayo Suzukaze returns to voice Kenshin; Masanori Ikeda is back as Makoto Shishio, Miina Tominaga as Yahiko Myoujin, Miki Fujitani as Kaoru Kamiya, Tomo Sakurai as Misao Makimachi, Yoshito Yasuhara as Aoshi Shinomori, and Yuji Ueda as Sanosuke Sagara.

Ken Narita (InuYasha's Sesshoumaru) replaces deceased Hirotaka Suzuoki as former Shinsen Gumi swordsman Hajime Saito.

Source: Crunchyroll

Also, Rurouni Kenshin will be having a live-action movie set to be released August 2012.

Takeru Sato as Kenshin Himura

More images here for your Rurouni Kenshin fix.

Rurouni Kenshin Collection

kenshincollection.blogspot.com

The Rurouni Kenshin Collection site is a collection of Rurouni Kenshin episodes I scoured on Youtube.  It is a dedicated fan site to bring all together all the episodes in one place.

Comments

  1. Replaced it with a new one!  ahomomosh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weh! They removed it.  Kill joys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video link won't work. o; 

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah! no, what part should I place you on the credits? ahomomosh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excusemwiii, don't I get some of the credits? HAHA. xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Symbolism

Philippine Flag Symbolism Let's be honest now.  How many of you did not know behind the symbols of our national flag?  Just so you know, it is a fact that everybody lies.  Anyway, probably you are wondering why I am posting in such a nationalistic tone when independence day was almost three months behind?  Well, that makes us both.  A thought just struck me when I saw the commercial segment of Juan Time in discovery channel.

Parley

I'm pretty sure you've read James Soriano's infamous article " Language, Learning, Identity, Privilege " which garnered him mostly criticism from people who live in front of their keyboards netizens.  I know some of you are probably making or joining hate pages on Facebook, seriously, grow up. I have edited this post for the nth time because there are still thoughts and ideas that need to sink in.  Also, I made a decision not to post or react when I am angry or pissed.  Sure, I was pissed when I first read the article.  Who wouldn't be?  But I just officially turned 28 and I need to act, you know - civilized.  You've got filter the facts and try to address the issue on how personally you can change for the better as a person.  I only found two response articles via Twitter:  " Editing James Soriano " and " Coming Home to the Filipino Language ".  If you have any article or known any worth-reading article you can message me here or

Paradise

T he province of Bohol is one of the most visited places in our country. Foreign and local tourists alike flock to this " God's Little Paradise " to see it's nature, beauty, beaches and culture. I have a dedicated Bohol blog at Bohol Interactive to showcase the province through the community. Last January I featured Massimo Casal , a photographer now based on Indonesia but has his fair share of Bohol, his travel article and book project . Just last week, I got another heads up that he is currently on a new project, a " Photo Book on Bohol ". I get to see the amazing sights of Bohol both popular and the unexplored in his 39-page preview. Dive Bohol Massimo studied as an engineer. His work has given him the opportunity to travel around the world and particularly around Southeast Asia. Through his travels he has cultivated his love for photography. He also has great sets from Hanoi , Vietnam , Myanmar , Cambodia , Thailand , Taiwan , Europe and