Skip to main content

Mango

Say hello to the new Nokia Lumia 800 running on the latest Windows Mobile Phone code-named Mango.  I have always been a Nokia fanboy but somewhere along the way I got distracted with Apple's magical and shiny gadgets particularly the iPhone and well, Nokia's losing the grip on innovation in the mobile market.  I think this is just about time to why we (you and I) love Nokia in the first place.  Remember the first time you set your eyes on a Nokia N Series phone before?  Even long before phones were smart, they were bulky that you need to place them on backpacks, Nokia trimmed it down to the Nokia 5110.  Ah, those days.  Then came Nokia 3110, then 3210 and you know the rest, is well, history.

Nokia Lumia 800

I think it's about time they bounce back with Mango. I just love the Metro UI, it's beautiful and it's different than Android and the iOS. If you would ask me if I'm willing to shift to this eye-candy smartphone and not upgrade to the iPhone 4S? Yes.

A couple of teaser videos after the jump.





[UPDATE]

Nokia Lumia 800 Colors

I just saw a new way to check-in from Nokia Pulse. Here's the video.



More coverage of the new Nokia Windows Mobile Phones on Mashable and Engadget. What do you think of the new Nokia Lumia 800, fanboy-ness aside?

Comments

  1. They have pink, dunno if  it's hot or mettalic. hehe. Updated the post with other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do they have this in hot pink or metallic pink?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Me too!  I'd sacrifice my iPhone 4S experience for this! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! :o i want this "mango" so badly... i love mangoes! :) hahaha...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Symbolism

Philippine Flag Symbolism Let's be honest now.  How many of you did not know behind the symbols of our national flag?  Just so you know, it is a fact that everybody lies.  Anyway, probably you are wondering why I am posting in such a nationalistic tone when independence day was almost three months behind?  Well, that makes us both.  A thought just struck me when I saw the commercial segment of Juan Time in discovery channel.

Paradise

T he province of Bohol is one of the most visited places in our country. Foreign and local tourists alike flock to this " God's Little Paradise " to see it's nature, beauty, beaches and culture. I have a dedicated Bohol blog at Bohol Interactive to showcase the province through the community. Last January I featured Massimo Casal , a photographer now based on Indonesia but has his fair share of Bohol, his travel article and book project . Just last week, I got another heads up that he is currently on a new project, a " Photo Book on Bohol ". I get to see the amazing sights of Bohol both popular and the unexplored in his 39-page preview. Dive Bohol Massimo studied as an engineer. His work has given him the opportunity to travel around the world and particularly around Southeast Asia. Through his travels he has cultivated his love for photography. He also has great sets from Hanoi , Vietnam , Myanmar , Cambodia , Thailand , Taiwan , Europe and

Parley

I'm pretty sure you've read James Soriano's infamous article " Language, Learning, Identity, Privilege " which garnered him mostly criticism from people who live in front of their keyboards netizens.  I know some of you are probably making or joining hate pages on Facebook, seriously, grow up. I have edited this post for the nth time because there are still thoughts and ideas that need to sink in.  Also, I made a decision not to post or react when I am angry or pissed.  Sure, I was pissed when I first read the article.  Who wouldn't be?  But I just officially turned 28 and I need to act, you know - civilized.  You've got filter the facts and try to address the issue on how personally you can change for the better as a person.  I only found two response articles via Twitter:  " Editing James Soriano " and " Coming Home to the Filipino Language ".  If you have any article or known any worth-reading article you can message me here or