Skip to main content

Weddings

Randy & Mercy Wedding

It's a blessing to see a lot of friends getting married this year.  For starters, wedding websites and invitations are not really my forte but I took one project over the summer.  I guess there is always a first time for everything and it's great to see the outcome of the project which is still on-going by the way.

Wedding Website


It has come to my attention that wedding websites are now part of the trend when planning a wedding.  With the help of social media it is now very easy inform everyone about the details and to keep everyone in the loop.  The article from Mashable, "7 Reasons Why You Need a Wedding Website" should give you an idea.

There's a lot of free online wedding platforms but I used Blogger instead and bought a domain.  I used the Blogger version of Memoir which was originally a WordPress theme from Elegant Themes.  The main reason I chose Blogger is that freedom to heavily customize the template to your liking.  You can view Randy & Mercy's wedding website here.

Wedding Invitation


Another part of Randy & Mercy's wedding I took to help out is their wedding invitation.  I love beautiful typography and I love the smell of paper and ink.  They said they wanted something like an airline ticket wedding invitation like this.  So by the power of Grayskull Photoshop, I printed first a draft layout to give the couple an idea of what their invitation would look like.

The Draft


Folds Draft

Front Draft

Tickets Draft

The invitation consists of two sections:  the folds and the tickets.  The folds contain general information about the wedding: the when, what, how and probably why.  The tickets hold detailed names of the ceremony and the witnesses.  Funny though, as I was typing away I came across my name under the "Master of Ceremony".  If there is one thing I am not a master of, this is it.

As more details and revisions pour in, I decided to print the final draft in the couples desired color combination:  baby blue and baby pink.  Yes, I Googled those two baby colors to know what in the world are  their color hex code.  I just settled on to the nearest shade of those colors that would render the print readable.

The Final Draft


Folds Final Draft

Front Final Draft

Tickets Final Draft

There are still quite a few revisions I need to do but this is an overview of their wedding invitation.  Next would be making the instructions on how to print and fold these.  I should probably start a vlog!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the wonderful post about creating the personal wedding website and wedding invitation. The engaged people can also use the android wedding app to ease the wedding their wedding tension and planning the wedding successful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Symbolism

Philippine Flag Symbolism Let's be honest now.  How many of you did not know behind the symbols of our national flag?  Just so you know, it is a fact that everybody lies.  Anyway, probably you are wondering why I am posting in such a nationalistic tone when independence day was almost three months behind?  Well, that makes us both.  A thought just struck me when I saw the commercial segment of Juan Time in discovery channel.

Tourism

Pilipinas Tara Na! Logo The Department of Tourism just launched the updated, expanded and probably more polished version of the 2004's tourism campaign, Biyahe Tayo (Let's Travel). Recorded by 57 of the country’s leading musical artists and entertainment personalities, the music video is just the first of three installments of songs and videos under this current campaign. While the video was mostly welcomed by most netizens, I know find myself (again) in an odd position. I expected more than a remake or a polish of an old campaign. After all the brouhaha of Pilipinas Kay Ganda and the hooplah of the current logo which looked like Batibot, I was still hoping they could somehow pulled it off. Something creative, new and innovative. Don't Get Me Wrong Before you stone me with Pan de Sal, I just want to make it clear that the video was good. Really! If you try to separate the video and the song from the campaign and it's horrible Batibot logo, it would reall

looloo

Discover places you'll love! Rating: ★★★★☆ looloo is a must-have app for anyone who wants to explore Metro Manila and visit all of its best places! It's the best app for foodies, spa junkies, nightlife lovers - anyone who loves going out!  When this was announced some time last year by the same guys that brought you TrafficDito (I think), my interest died down when I read the line "who wants to explore Metro Manila".  Why?  Because I am not based in Makati anymore and I thought I could not use it.  I told myself though maybe I should try it but never really came to the point of tapping the FREE button to install the app.