Skip to main content

Promenade

A Walk To Remember

I could not seem to recall when was the last time I visited the K of C drive.  The K of C drive is a place for friends, lovers, broken hearts, sunset lovers and some more.  The place used to free, now they are taxing two pesos per head upon entrance.  Vehicles are not allowed anymore inside (except for vendors) and there's a cottage rental at 100Php.  As I approached the gate and asked the lady when did they start asking for fees, she replied 3 years ago.  Has it been that long?  I could still remember we go down and take a dip in its waters when we were bored during a hot summer afternoon.  I could still remember running in the midst of the street and shout, "the hills are alive..." even though there were no hills around us.  I could still remember us cousins playing a "seesaw" in the water using a "salbabida".  Ours were made from patched up old truck tires.  I could remember our eldest cousin as he swam further and further into the horizon and wished I had the same courage to brave the waves, the current, the seaweeds and to whatever that lurks below these waters.

Entrance

Still, I could not find myself when was the last time I was here.

The place is strangely new yet familiar at the same time.  It is much cleaner with new benches and cottages.  The road still feels the same though.  The breeze from the sea smells the same and though some of the nearby sights have slightly changed, it was still a very familiar feeling.

You're My Sunset

People

The kinds of people are practically the same.  Friends, lovers, loners and mere passersby like myself.

Drown

It is a place of laughter and friendship, yet at the same time for some it is a place to drown their sorrows.

Finding Solace

The Wait

Company

Wait and find for solace or savor the view and take as much breath as you can with your friends.  There are no restrictions here.  You can laugh your heart out, sing your heart out even if you don't hit the note.

Post Scripts

Jhera

Some even take it further by immortalizing their names and messages as post scripts on any surface they could find.

The Invitation

The waters are still very inviting as if they'll pull you down like a magnet.  The stairs and the railings are new, making the invitation more direct and precise.

Looking Back

The Exit

But this place is not for forever.  You have to go back outside.  This is just a temporary stop, a breather, a place you could clear your thoughts before you dive back again to reality.  I still haven't figured out when I was last here.  I guess I have to cherish this moment, who knows this may be my last day here.

Comments

  1. Ah, K of C!  Those were the days!  

    ReplyDelete
  2. this place held secret memories of my childhood, sad and happy times, more than i could remember, when i was home and younger... now, so much has changed and it seemed like a stranger with a hint of familiality, still i want to see it for myself again, and hopefully get a big splash as i did way way back before... thanks for sharing this earl... 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the place changed so much.  Yet, it still remains the old familiar feeling.  You're welcome Gigi and thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Symbolism

Philippine Flag Symbolism Let's be honest now.  How many of you did not know behind the symbols of our national flag?  Just so you know, it is a fact that everybody lies.  Anyway, probably you are wondering why I am posting in such a nationalistic tone when independence day was almost three months behind?  Well, that makes us both.  A thought just struck me when I saw the commercial segment of Juan Time in discovery channel.

Parley

I'm pretty sure you've read James Soriano's infamous article " Language, Learning, Identity, Privilege " which garnered him mostly criticism from people who live in front of their keyboards netizens.  I know some of you are probably making or joining hate pages on Facebook, seriously, grow up. I have edited this post for the nth time because there are still thoughts and ideas that need to sink in.  Also, I made a decision not to post or react when I am angry or pissed.  Sure, I was pissed when I first read the article.  Who wouldn't be?  But I just officially turned 28 and I need to act, you know - civilized.  You've got filter the facts and try to address the issue on how personally you can change for the better as a person.  I only found two response articles via Twitter:  " Editing James Soriano " and " Coming Home to the Filipino Language ".  If you have any article or known any worth-reading article you can message me here or

Paradise

T he province of Bohol is one of the most visited places in our country. Foreign and local tourists alike flock to this " God's Little Paradise " to see it's nature, beauty, beaches and culture. I have a dedicated Bohol blog at Bohol Interactive to showcase the province through the community. Last January I featured Massimo Casal , a photographer now based on Indonesia but has his fair share of Bohol, his travel article and book project . Just last week, I got another heads up that he is currently on a new project, a " Photo Book on Bohol ". I get to see the amazing sights of Bohol both popular and the unexplored in his 39-page preview. Dive Bohol Massimo studied as an engineer. His work has given him the opportunity to travel around the world and particularly around Southeast Asia. Through his travels he has cultivated his love for photography. He also has great sets from Hanoi , Vietnam , Myanmar , Cambodia , Thailand , Taiwan , Europe and